PV1000C download issue

pw3

Hello-

Been having problems downloading an app to a DH+ model Panelview 1000C. Download path is as follows--

PB32-->RSLinx 2.51-->LAN-->Logix Gateway-->DH+-->PV1000C

I can upload the app with no problems, but when downloading back to it it hangs up while checking the status of the terminal, and never begins the download.

Anyone else ever run into this? I asked our local AB rep and they came back with nothing.

We had a similar situation, "I think", and I feel we dealt with it by going directly onto the DH+ net work that fed the PV.
Our thoughts were that maybe it was just 1 step to many, by having to have addressing to get thru the Logix Gateway, setup in the comms path.
Keep us informed how it goes, as maybe you will be able to confirm our suspicions.

Because the PanelView's download mechanism requires large data blocks and a somewhat obscure command set (compared to reading and writing to controllers) this Logix / DHRIO path has always been a little touchy; the firmware and software and lunar phases always seemed to have to line up in a particular way. I've dealt with it sporadically since RSLinx 2.10.

I found an RA Knowledgebase document #19393 that suggests that the current release (2.53) of RSLinx Classic has disabled this function.

With PanelView Standard terminals, I've skipped attempting the DHRIO mechanism and just carry a CompactFlash card and carrier out to the terminal.

Thanks for the input--I went through Mickey's Word.doc and changed the routing table in our Gateway, still no luck. Software revs exceed what's shown in the examples, but I need to confirm the FW in the Panelview itself.

It just throws me that it will UPLOAD to my workstation just fine, but won't accept an incoming file.