Protecting a VFD from another VFD malfunction

Thank you JRaef for that explanation.

Based on everything you've said and what I've researched so far, it seems that line reactors are going to be the way to go.

Thanks again!

Now that said, using the 10x rule, you can get a sufficient protective effect by grouping multiple VFDs behind one line reactor, so long as that reactor size stays within the 10x rule for the smallest drive behind it.

With that being said, I'm trying to reduce the possibility of this cascading destruction again. I'm assuming it would be a more robust solution to have a line reactor for each drive vs. grouping multiple drives behind one reactor?

Thank you jraef, that was really great information. This gives me a lot to think about regarding future installations, and worry about from past installations.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, been awhile since I've posted..... As the title suggests, using Crimson 3.1 software (Red Lion) I cant seem to figure out if its...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wanted some thoughts on protecting control and instrumentation from welding damage. We had a PLC and drive fail after some welding work...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently developing a project and need to know if it's possible that once I download to CPU and HMI no one can upload it and re use the...
Replies
Views
We have a PV+400 on our floor that has something quite odd going on. The program hasn't been changed in quite a while, at least a couple of...
Replies
Views
I want to protect digital output of plc from reverse current. my plc controls motors with AC coil contactors. i use selector switch to select...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom