Rslinx auto configuration not successful.

BITI BISHARA

Hello guys,
I am trying to get communication between pc and plc (Slc) through rslinx classic but it is always showing Testing mode:CRC(when I click auto configuration).
Kindly support and help me to established communication.
Kind regards.
Biti.

I'll get the ball rolling, l take it your are using DF1, with a RS232/USB converter?
Can you see the Converter in Device Manager>Ports?
Put the comm port # into RSlinx comms driver setup, does it auto config now?

I'll get the ball rolling, l take it your are using DF1, with a RS232/USB converter?
Can you see the Converter in Device Manager>Ports?
Put the comm port # into RSlinx comms driver setup, does it auto config now?

Thanks for response. Yes I see the comport number 7 at device manager and I set the comport number 7 during communication and I stuck with testing mode:CRC.
Kindly support.

Are you using a rs232converter/USB?
If yes, there are issues with some converters that PLC communication can be troublesome.
Also is the PLC to converter cable proven to work?
What PLC, you aren't using the DSH485 port, it is a 9 pin port you are connected too?

There are quite a few RS-232 expansion port devices that cannot keep up with the rapid changes to serial speed/framing that the Autoconfigure feature uses.

Autoconfigure is not necessary to connect to most SLC-500 controllers because they typically use the same speed and protocol options.

Please provide details about the physical connection and the interface device, because there are less-simple ways to connect to an SLC-500 than through the Channel 0 RS-232 port on the front of the controller.

The defaults settings for an SLC-500 require only two changes to the DF1 Full Duplex driver: set the Device Type to SLC Channel 0 / MicroLogix, and set the Error Checking to CRC.

Leave the serial speed and framing at 19200/8/N/1.

DF1FD_Config.PNG