PLC's for Injection moulding applications

Sarit

Hi all,

I have been visiting this site for a long time now and am amazed by the skills of members on this forum...

I have a small question regarding PLC's used for Injection moulding.

I recently saw a dedicated PLC for Injection moulding from Arico international(I do not recollect the make exactly).

Is it necessay to use dedicated PLC's for Injection moulding machines?Does it have any advantage over general PLC's available in the market ofcourse apart from cost?

thanks in advance
Sarit

You are probably referring to THIS supplier of automation equipment.
The call their products "CNC" controllers, though I havent seen this term used with injection moulding before.

Of advantages I can mainly think of the cost (if the numbers are large enough), as you mention yourself.

It is certainly not necessary to use a dedicated controller for injection moulding machines. In fact, I believe it is one of the most popular uses for PLCs.