Remote Access

David Martin

I want to access and service a Keyence PLC located in out remote location. There is an established LAN at each end. What device is needed to access and how to setup
for it.
Thanks,

Out of curiousity: it this a Keyence PLC or a vision system? I didn't know Keyence made PLCs.

To answer your question: tell us about the communication port. Is it ethernet? I imagine not, or you'd have this solved already. The Keyence vision system that I've been exposed to was RS232 (9 pin port). You can get serial to ethernet converters to handle this kind of application. I have used one of these before, and can try to help you decide if it will work for your application.

AK

Similar Topics

I have to provide remote access and control to a touch screen. I was thinking about using Weintek and the Weincloud. Does anyone know if this is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a project involved with Toyota whereby the customer would like to be able to control devices within a booth using a portable...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a solution to remotely access any kind of device securely across the internet. I know this has been done in piecemeal...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, nowadays i am working on a project for remote access to our machines. We are using a remote access module, but i want to make my...
Replies
Views
Hello PLC Friends, I'm starting my final year project with a given rig and I'm thinking about incorporating a remote access feature where I can...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom