Panelview 1000 standard problems

br8veheart

I have a Panelview 1000 (series a) that has a blank screen. I swapped the screen with a spare PV and it worked. I need to upload the program to my pc then download it to a replacement PV. This system was installed by contractors a few years ago and we do not have a copy of the pv program. I have installed Panelbuilder 32 on my laptop. I have connected with a serial cable and setup for DF1 communications. The problem is that I have an error identifing the PV. It says to check my cable, or make sure that the port (PV) isn't set to print. Unfortunately since the screen is blank I cannot get into configuration to ensure that the port is set correctly. Any help would be appreciated. My e-mail address is [email protected]

What is the model of your panelview. There are different configrations available. Among some altough it looks like a standard 9 pin RS232 port, it may be using for print only function.

The bad news maybe (as it is showing blank screen) even your data is lost.

Good Luck

If this happens to be a Keypad type PanelView and you have an ATA Flash Memory card available, somebody on the Forum can walk you through exactly which key presses to make to copy the program from internal PanelView memory onto the memory card.

That is, of course, if the blank screen is just a display problem.

Just a thought or two.

Hopefully it's just a screen/display problem. Not sure if that PV is LCD or CRT, but if LCD may be a back light issue. Is the PV doing anything? When we first had our system put in with 2 PV1200s, I made a point of learning which buttons I had to press in what order to start up our process equipment just in case those CRTs ever went blank. It would sure be nice to know that your blank unit did something it was supposed to.

Be carefull! Doing the transfer with out the convenience of the display might be touchy. If you have an identical spare PV, test out your hook up and transfers and note required button presses off the working one, so that you can do exactly the same on the blank one.

When transfering, make sure the transfer is going the right way so you don't accidently overwrite your application in the blank PV.

Last edited: