Simatic PC Adaper USB with Virtual PC....

nightline

Gents,

I've a Laptop with W7 64 running, and MS Virtual PC for WindowsXP.
On this WindowsXP I've installed Siemens Step 7 V5.4, and like to attach my Simatic PC Adapter USB.
When connecting this Adapter and attach in Virtual PC, the driver is installed, but gives the error code 10 ( driver cannot start ).

Can anyone give me some tips to solve this problem?

Jack

Hi!

As for my expirience, try to avoid Virtual machines when using Siiemens sw. It will never work fine. I tried to istall Step7 V10.5, it failed.
Now I have Multiple OS (C: - Win7 32, D: Vista 32) instead of VM and all works fine.

Hello,

I also have W7 64, multple VM running Siemens software and they all work perfectly. I have Premium Studio 2009 on one virtual machine and PCS7 v7.1 SP2 on another and my old lap top converted to virtual running all kind of PLC software.
Only I am using VMware instead of MS Virtual PC. I used PC Adapter and CP5711 without any problems...

Hello,

I also have W7 64, multple VM running Siemens software and they all work perfectly. I have Premium Studio 2009 on one virtual machine and PCS7 v7.1 SP2 on another and my old lap top converted to virtual running all kind of PLC software.
Only I am using VMware instead of MS Virtual PC. I used PC Adapter and CP5711 without any problems...

We are not allowed to run VM ware on our systems by our IT guys, so I've do it with VM.
My Siemens Simatic Manager is version V5.4.0.0 without any service pack. So maybe this is part of the problem.
Where can I download these service packs?

Regards,

Jack

I have a copy of Microsoft's Virtual PC. The last time I checked it didn't support USB.

I run Step 7 on my VM Ware. It works well with both Profibus and Ethernet. Our product also has a USB port and that works with the VM Ware too.

Edit, I am actually running VMWare's Fusion on my Mac Pro at work.

Hi I have Step7 running under XP Mode of win7 pro.
Remember to install the USB driver under win 7 and inside the VM... and use the USB menu to attach it before use.

My gripe is that the Step7 VM hard drive is getting very bloated.

Cheers

Hi I have Step7 running under XP Mode of win7 pro.
Remember to install the USB driver under win 7 and inside the VM... and use the USB menu to attach it before use.

Cheers

Can you explane a little more what you mean with installing the USB driver under W7 and inside VM?

Which version of driver and USB adapter are you using?

Jack

Hi I have a standard genuine siemens usb adaptor with the supplied cd.

basically install the drivers so win7 recognises it. Then attach it to the virtual machine (see menu bar - usb - select from list - attach)

Then install driver under the virtual pc (xp pro in my case)

Then select usb adaptor, auto settings, within the virtual pc control panel