slc5/03 baud rate, ai

keving9

How can I change the baud rate on a SLC 5/03? I'm communicating to it with A.I. software thru CH 0 at 1200 baud. How can I step it up to 19.2?

Thanks

Carefully!

Select the processor status file, find the baud rate and change it to your desired 19.2KB. You will lose your communications as soon as you set the processor to the new baud rate. Go to the comms set up in AI and change it to 19.2 and go back online. It is a little tricky to do this the first time but just hang in there, you will get it.

When I go to processor status all I can find for processor baud rate is channel 1 and I don't see how to change it to channel 0.

The baud rate is one of the settings that does not appear in the status file.

I dont know AI software, but somewhere you will find a screen for changing settings for channel 0.
In the APS software, you had to monitor a file, then select "general utility", "Channel config" and then "CH0 sys config".

What Jesper said!

I do not have AI anymore either and it has been a very long time since I used it but as I remember it has a help feature. Look up changing baud rate, or chan 0 config or something, you will find it. Just remember what I said about your comms loss when you do and having to reset the AI to the new baud rate.

Thanks to all. I realize there isn't too many running A.I. out there, but here's how it finally worked. Went online through the dh-485 port, F8-F7-F4(display-chancfg-ch0sys), was able to change it on that page. Then went back and changed the baud rate on A.I.

I knew you could do it!

Congratulations! You are becoming a pro fast. At least in the AI area. But seriously, that is exactly what it takes to be good. DETERMINATION!