A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Is there a way to send a value when the application shutsdown

I can get a value as to what form is opened but want to know when the application is closed. I tried using form_closing but that is not working.

here is the code
Dim MAIN_FR_ACTIV As Integer

Public Sub MainForm_Activated(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Activated
MAIN_FR_ACTIV = 1
End Sub

Private Sub MainForm_FormClosing(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles MyBase.FormClosing
MAIN_FR_ACTIV = -10
End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Write("MIKE_STRING_1", MIKE_TBox1.Text)
EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Write("MIKE_STRING_2", MIKE_TBox2.Text)
EthernetIPforCLXCom1.Write("MIKE_MN_FR_ACTV", MAIN_FR_ACTIV)
End Sub

'************************************************************
'* This will guarantee that even hidden forms are all closed
'* when the main application is closed
'************************************************************
Private Sub DemoForm_FormClosed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosedEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosed
Environment.Exit(0)
End Sub

I am working on a project that requires remote control and monitoring. I think the system will take around 300 tags. I've tried using advance hmi only for testing and training purposes and it works fine. I want to check with you guys if I can use this hmi on my project, for long term use? By the way, I will be using AB Micrologix for this project.

Anyone else have problems using.
My.Computer.Audio.Play(My.Resources.dnetfault, AudioPlayMode.Background)
error says it is not a member of resources.
If I make a new solution from scratch this works.
also
Private Sub MainForm_KeyDown(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles MyBase.KeyDown
If e.KeyCode = Keys.F1 Then
MsgBox("Fl")

End If
End Sub
will not work in advanced hmi but in a new project it works just fine??

I am also getting an error on a form with 1 clx tcip com and 3 df1 comms. Is there any thing special to do if using more than 1 comms.
Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:
AdvanceHMI with AB PLC5/40

I just installed AdvancedHMI and it looks to have great potential but I'm having 2 problems that's preventing me to get started.

We have 6 PLC5/40 (identical hardware, slightly different ladder logic) all on ethernet & on the same network. I can ping everyone of them (ie: 1.1.2.56 , 1.1.2.104 etc)

I'm using a simple test project with just a PanelMeter for testing.

Problem 1: using the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 set for 1.1.2.56 I can view all integer tags like N7:0 or N251:1 BUT if I try any integers higher than N300:0 I get a "Overflowexception was unhandled" error.

Problem 2: using the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 set for 1.1.2.104 or 106 or 108 I cannot get AdvancedHMI to connect to those 3 PLCs!
(example: I see a FwdOpen: cannot connect to 1.1.2.104 on the top of the PanelMeter)

I even tried using 2 drivers at once, EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 and EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom2 (one for .56 and the other for .104) I still cannot get it to connect to the .104 PLC.

I have RSLogix 5 on another PC sitting right next to me on the same network and I can connect to all 6 PLC5/40's.

thanks! :unsure:

Problem 1: using the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 set for 1.1.2.56 I can view all integer tags like N7:0 or N251:1 BUT if I try any integers higher than N300:0 I get a "Overflowexception was unhandled" error.
That particular driver was originally designed for the SLC/Micro controllers and later modified to support PLC. So it was never tested for files or elements above 256

Problem 2: using the EthernetIPforPLCSLCMicroCom1 set for 1.1.2.104 or 106 or 108 I cannot get AdvancedHMI to connect to those 3 PLCs!
(example: I see a FwdOpen: cannot connect to 1.1.2.104 on the top of the PanelMeter)
This sounds like these processors do not support the Ethernet/IP protocol. Some of the older controllers used the CSP protocol which AdvancedHMI does not support. You can verify support for Ethernet/IP by adding an Ethernet/IP driver in RSLinx and see if it can automatically find the processor. If it does not, then most likely it only supports CSP.

You were right, my PLC5s don't support EthernetIP. There is a firmware upgrade to support EthernetIP BUT it requires the PLC5/40 processor to be sent to AB for the upgrade. I could install RSLink but can I get AdvancedHMI to work with it?

thanks!

OverFlow exception when writing to CLX Local:3:I.Data.31

Archie,

I am using the latest (as of today) version of AdvancedHMI and I am able to write to a controller scoped tag called "testBit" of type BOOL, but when I try to write a "zero" or "false" to Local:3:I.Data.31 I get the Overflow Exception. Writing a "one" or "true" seems to work fine.

Update: I tried writing to a different bit (Local:3:I.Data.27) and it was successful. This leads me to believe there is an issue with the handling of the MSB for the DINT. Don't know if this helps, but I figured it was worth noting.

FYI - This project looks like it has huge potential. I commend you on your efforts.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

habadeer

Last edited:
Hello,

I looked trough the tread, but the last and only post about it was in 2011.
Before i get started with this software(that looks quite easy to use btw) i would like to know, is it compatible with 1(or multiple at once..) Unilogics PLC? We want to use the Vision130 to control 3 separate machines that move around.
It would be awesome if i could create 1 programm to control al 3 machine's(not sure if possible, but would be extremely nice to have).
But, before i waste my time on tinkering around with
AdvancedHMI i want to know:

Does AdvancedHMI support Unitronics PLC's?