Shihlin PLC

Celtic,

There is a software available to talk to Shihlin PLCs. We have an A1-30MR Shihlan PLC at our facility. When we inquired about documentation/programming software, we were advised to purchase a copy of "MEDOC" software. The cost is about $100. You will also need an interface cable it is called "A-Link" and costs approx $190. These items can be purchased through Taiwan Control co. There web site address is http://www.taiwan-control.com.tw
Good Luck

Shinlin PLC

Thanx for all the help. I was contacted by Taiwan Controls and have since purchased the software and A-Link and all attendant cables. If anyone else needs any of this follow the link provided by GFISH.
I was contacted by the owners daughter who is a student in Canada.
Just be pateint.....

Thanx once again to all for the help

Please help!!

I also have one A1-30MR PLC. However I can't find any programming cable for this PLC. I had read through your message and knew that is using A-Link. So that anyone let me know where to buy it? By the way, I had asked through the taiwan-control.com.tw but they said this item already discontinued produce. So I planned to buy the retail goods. I hope that someone can help me this issue. Thanks!

It's a Mitsubishi. I think the cable is and RS232/485 converter but not sure. Can probably buy from Mitsubishi.

What you are not supposed to know...

:unsure: Shihlin Electric does the actual manufacturing of the (F Series) Mitsubishi PLCs.
AX2n_small.jpg
They are - as a matter of fact - identical to the Mitsubishi in fit, form and function. Just change the Mitsubishi "F" in the part number to "A", and that is the Shihlin part number.
>>--> The point is, just use MEDOC for FX/GX-Developer as your software. F, F1, and F2 (A, A1, A2 in Shihlin) do require either a F2-20GF1 with Mitsubishi PCX-KIT1(EIA422 to EIA232C converter) - or a Mitsbishi F-Link (Shihlin A-Link). The F2-20GF1, F-Link, and A-Link are now obsolete, but can sometimes be found on eBay. PCX-KIT1 is still available. Hope this helps!:geek:

Perhaps start a new thread:
It does appear that it is likely to be either a re-badged Mitsubishi or made by them using the same components & firmware as the Mitsubishi so probably GX Developer will talk to it, however, you will need a 232 or USB to 422 converter the correct cable is an SC09 (assuming it has a 8 pin mini din socket) there are plenty of cloned cables out there.