FileWriteFields Question for WonderWare InTouch

Hello all,

I'm using WonderWare Intouch at my factory for the HMI. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish:
Save data values (27 of them) into one CSV. file, increment the rows instead of creating new file name each time the data is ready to save.
- Currently a new CSV. file is saved each time into row 1 in Excel. However, I prefer to have all the data in one CSV. file for easier maintenance. Is there a way to increment the rows such as:
row 1
data 1, data 2 , data 3, data 4
row 2
data 1, data 2, data 3, data 4
etc.

Here is what I have as my script:
FileWriteFields( DATAPATHNAME + "\" + DATAFILENAME, 0, "Data1", 2506 );

Thank you, I hope I explained this thoroughly.

Thank you for the link, there is helpful information on that post however, I didn't find what I'm looking for. I understand Excel knows .csv format based on the comma. Is there a way for it to recognize a new row. Another option is to open the .csv file as .txt. How to create a new line in notepad? See image for what I am trying to achieve.
6e0271f2bfa67277f321308c9858c6e9

on WindowMaker I have for example:

(Quick function)
Data1= Product
Data2= 11
Data3= 20
Data4= 2018

CALL CSVWRITEDATAqs( );

CSVWRITEDATAqs

Image is result:
3713b3d18969610164cd22d53e0d1c05

on WindowMaker I have for example:

(Quick function)
Data1= Product
Data2= 11
Data3= 20
Data4= 2018

CALL CSVWRITEDATAqs( );

CSVWRITEDATAqs

Image is result:
3713b3d18969610164cd22d53e0d1c05

I don't think you are calling the function FileWriteFields correctly. Try:

FileWriteFields (DATAPATHNAME + "\" + DATAFILENAME, -1, "Data1", 27);

The second parameter "-1" tells the function to write to end of file meaning a new line. You have a "0", which just overwrites the first line. The last parameter is the total number of fields to write to the file. A 27 indicates you will write Data1, Data2,...,Data27 to the csv file. What is 2506?

I don't think you are calling the function FileWriteFields correctly. Try:

FileWriteFields (DATAPATHNAME + "\" + DATAFILENAME, -1, "Data1", 27);

The second parameter "-1" tells the function to write to end of file meaning a new line. You have a "0", which just overwrites the first line. The last parameter is the total number of fields to write to the file. A 27 indicates you will write Data1, Data2,...,Data27 to the csv file. What is 2506?

Thank you, Dave. I will give this a shot today! The 2506 was used when I was recording profile data buckets of 2500, I only need 27 now you are correct.

Hi everyone
i am new just like a beginner in WW. the problem i am facing is i am generating one csv file but i am unable to add date and time in it.also the new new data is replacing the old one.i want the data to be stored in sequence 1, 2, 3 so on ... with date and time.
can anyone write a quick function script for me so i will copy and paste it .
currently i am using the filewritefields script.

thanks in advance

Hi everyone
i am new just like a beginner in WW. the problem i am facing is i am generating one csv file but i am unable to add date and time in it.also the new new data is replacing the old one.i want the data to be stored in sequence 1, 2, 3 so on ... with date and time.
can anyone write a quick function script for me so i will copy and paste it .
currently i am using the filewritefields script.

thanks in advance

Did you see all my posts at http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=84424
Also check...
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=84472

It does very close to what you want to do.

Check these links

Check these links

i have checked the same but its not clear to me . i write the below script in quick function and just want to add date and time in the script in order to get it in csv.

FileWriteFields( "D:\logfile\test.csv",-1,"CPU21_BZ90_DSP_R112",1 );

Note: CPU21_BZ90_DSP_R112 is real tag billet weight which i want to record.i have done it so far .the problem is only date and time.plz help me with that.

regards,

i have checked the same but its not clear to me . i write the below script in quick function and just want to add date and time in the script in order to get it in csv.

FileWriteFields( "D:\logfile\test.csv",-1,"CPU21_BZ90_DSP_R112",1 );

Note: CPU21_BZ90_DSP_R112 is real tag billet weight which i want to record.i have done it so far .the problem is only date and time.plz help me with that.

regards,

See post 7 and 8, just remove or add what you do not need...

Also..... read the help explanation of FileWriteFields in Intouch script box.

Last edited:
See post 7 and 8, just remove or add what you do not need...

Also..... read the help explanation of FileWriteFields in Intouch script box.

Thanks for being so kind..would you help me with one more thing, now the CSV file I generated all data is saving in one file. I just want to create separate file everytime . What changes to be done in script to create new file every time by numbers 1.2,3 so on .Could you help me out Please.