Creating An EDS File for DeviceNet

recondaddy

Hello everybody,

I'm fairly new to DeviceNet, which means I can do pretty well as long as I have known devices with EDS files that I can access.

However, I have a device (pressure regulator) that I'm putting on my DeviceNet network. The manufacturer doesn't have an EDS file available, but tells me that I can get whatever I need from the cut sheet they provided me. I have included, at the bottom of this post, some of the technical data from the document.

I was hoping someone could show me how to derive the data I need from this document in order to build my own EDS file in RSNetworx for DeviceNet.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Protocol: DeviceNet Ver. 2.0
Comm. Speed: 125k, 250k, 500k BPS
Slave Type: Group 2 Only
Device Type: 00h (Generic Device)
Connections Supported: Explicit Polled I/O

Input Signal: Indicates input signal by 12 bits (resolution 4096)
Output Signal: Indicates output signal by 12 bits (resolution 4096)
(Does this mean that for the I/O data in my configuration, I should check the Polled box and enter 2 bytes for input and 2 bytes for output?)

Technical Data:

ex. In case the pressure is set to 0.3Mpa for 0.5MPa F.S. specification:

(0.3MPa / 0.5MPa) x 4096 = 2458 (DEC)

Hexadecimal value for decimal 2458 is 99A.

RSNetworx can create a "Stub EDS" that allows it to at least recognize the device and put it into a scanlist. Right-click on the unknown device and run the EDS wizard.

Their description of 12 bits each for the Input and Output data isn't perfectly clear, but if you make a mistake in the EDS creation you can just modify it in the Scanlist. Start with 2 bytes in/ 2 bytes out and go from there.

What exact make and model of pressure regulator is this ?