switch on scale ideas

EricBig

I have a switch and a scale reading the weight

how can i use a switch to zero the value of the scale if pressed.
and if i add more weight and released will read the total value (original +added weight)
or if you can guide me to a tare function formula for a scale

card used 1769-IQ16
Compactlogix - using RSlogix 5000

Thanks

Last edited:
What I would do is when the switch is turned on do a OneShot and write the value to an integer, and as long as the switch is on subtract the recorded integer from the process value. When the switch is turned off don't process the SUB and display the real process value.

What I would do is when the switch is turned on do a OneShot and write the value to an integer, and as long as the switch is on subtract the recorded integer from the process value. When the switch is turned off don't process the SUB and display the real process value.

I have done that but how to add more weight and start scaling from zero while an actual weight is on it?

Do you mean when the switch is on you want to add more weight and have it scaled over the entire range, or just the reading above when the switch was turned on?

Do you mean when the switch is on you want to add more weight and have it scaled over the entire range, or just the reading above when the switch was turned on?

Tare = Growth - Net
0 = 35lb - 35lb

i only have growth = 35 lb
so i subed 0 - 35 = -35
then i added my output (-35) to the actual growth.

now i got the value zero when i pressed the switch.

i need another line on the ladder to read starting from zero that is while the original weight is on
so when i add another 35 lb

originally would be 70lb
but it actually read 35 lb

Tare = Growth - Net
0 = 35lb - 35lb

i only have growth = 35 lb
so i subed 0 - 35 = -35
then i added my output (-35) to the actual growth.

now i got the value zero when i pressed the switch.

i need another line on the ladder to read starting from zero that is while the original weight is on
so when i add another 35 lb

originally would be 70lb
but it actually read 35 lb

If you have SCALE as the live reading of weight and DISPLAY as the value that is shown. switch is the input, switch_bit is the storage bit for the ONS

Comment - when the switch is turned on, but just the first time the program sees it, copy SCALE value to the TARE value
XIC switch ONS Switch_bit MOV SCALE TARE. You need to PUSH and HOLD the switch to keep the TARE and display the NET. When you let go it shows GROSS again.

Comment - now that you have a TARE value, if the switch is ON, subtract TARE from the SCALE reading and show the weight added to the scale (NET)
XIC switch sub SCALE TARE DISPLAY

Comment - if the switch is OFF, copy the SCALE value to the DISPLAY (GROSS)
XIO switch mov SCALE DISPLAY

scale.jpg

Last edited: