Allen Bradley PLC SLC500

I have compaq nx9010 laptop which dont have serial port. I used PCMCIA to serial adapter to communicate with slc500 Allen bradley PLC. when i add communication driver of 1747-pic in RSLinx, it gives error. and the driver does not show run status.

can anybody help me how i communicate with SLC500 using 1747-PIC adapter in the aboce scenerio.

waiting....

You may want to try a USB to serial adapter. (if you have USB). Parallax and Keyspan make good adapters. Alot of adapters including the PCMCIA adapters dont stick to the specs well. therefore they will not work. If you do not have USB and need to use PCMCIA look for a better brand. you may have to do research on which one is good. Also make sure no other hardware is conflicting with your adapter.

You have to have a real serial port on your PC to use a 1747-PIC, you can NOT use a Keyspan (they are good but will still not work) and you can not use a PCMCIA card

Look up Allen Bradley UIC