Who really makes this temperature transmitter?

agarb

I’ve been looking at buying a quantity of signal converters to take a type J or k thermocouple or RTD and convert it to a 4-20mA signal.

In searching for most cost effective option, I’ve determined that Allen Bradley 931N-C161 is identical to Red Lion ITMA0001 and also Automation Direct SC6-7102. So identical that I believe they are all made by the same company and then private-labeled.

https://www.automationdirect.com/ad...ers/high_density_signal_conditioners/sc6-7102

But, as you can imagine, my prices vary widely. I personally have no issue using the lowest cost of the three; except for my important customer's perception of using “cheap” stuff.

Does anybody know who actually makes these devices? I’d like to see if they are available in another packaging that is as cost effective but doesn’t scream “cheap” to my customer.

No, I don't know who manufactures it.

I do know that you get what you pay for:
Internal CJC sensor accuracy: < ±2.5°C

See model 3331

PR electronics
is the leading technology company developing and manufacturing state-of-the-art electronic signal conditioning equipment for process and factory automation. PR electronics headquarters is in Denmark

The OMEGA DRSL-RTD-ISO is identical also. We've used the PR 3112 as the default option, but when none are available, the OMEGA version performs the same. It's good to know that Automation Direct has them for a good price.

Whatever the case, these dip switch configurable transmitters (Isolated) are solid. They are easily configurable without requiring software.

OP here. Thanks for all the responses.

After getting the Allen Bradley quote from my inside salesperson, the outside guy followed up asking if there was anything he could do? I told him was I wasn't planning to ask since they were more than double Automation Direct but that is where he needed to be if he wanted my business. He had them added to our special pricing agreement and now my cost is a slightly less from my Rockwell distributor than at Automation Direct.

The games we have to play...

Assuming they are made by the same maker, the cheapest price would normally get cheap component inside and/or the rejected and rework ones.