RSLinx hangs on RSView ME through gateway

GranadaDude

Hi to you all,

A nasty situation I have right now :

A PLC-5 PLC from Allen-Bradley is connected to a gateway through DH+.

From there I have an ethernet card running to a standard pc.

The gateway is a controllogix rack with an ethernet card and a DH+ card.

On the PC I'm using RSView ME to build up a scada application.

So far so good. BUT, since RSLinx Enterprise is not capable of connecting to the PLC-5 processor through the gateway, I am forced to use RSLinx classic.

RSLinx classic is configured as an OPC server, which connects to the PLC-5 processor through the gateway.

This way of communication is working, but not optimal. RSLinx is pulling away almost every available resources, so the pc slows down, has to be restarted from time to time.

Anybody got an idea why this is happening ? It's not always happening, but most of the time the pc slows down because RSLinx consumes CPU time.

RSView ME is version 4.00 (CPR 7)
RSLinx Classic is version 2.50 (CPR 7)

PC itself runs windows 2000, with enough memory and disk space. It's a pentium 4 2.4GHz, 40 GB disk space en 1GB of internal memory.

My ideas have run dry, if anybody has any ideas, please let me know.