Crimson 3 u16 array to u32

The set time program method started intermittintly failing shortly after I said it worked, and didn't work at all on a pair of registers to reset a counter back to zero. What has worked was the gateway you guys suggested. I put the gateway blocks in and tied that to my "new time tags". I then linked the enable field of the gateway block to a "set new time" flag tag that is toggled by a button. Seems to still be working great and was the only way I could get my counter to reset.

Overall though, I was still having some comms issues. Doing a bit of digging I came across someone on an HVAC forum having modbus issues on the same Siemens LMV52 system I'm working with. He stated that it cannot be overloaded with messages or it locks up. The manual specifically states "up to 20 address reads per message". I dropped the read message limits down to 16 addresses and all my problems went away.

As for the ping function, it is off by default I believe. Is that something that the slave device needs to be compatible with and have a dedicated ping register or is it just a function of the crimson device making sure it see's a response from it?

As for the ping function, it is off by default I believe. Is that something that the slave device needs to be compatible with and have a dedicated ping register or is it just a function of the crimson device making sure it see's a response from it?

If you disable the ping function, the IsDeviceOnline() function may not work as expected. As far as my experience, that is the only drawback to disabling it. I almost always make use of that function (tied to a "Communication Lost" alarm) so I try to find an address that will work with the ping holding register.

I don't think that the slave cares, unless it is a device with its own comm loss action like a VFD that might shut down on a comm loss if you were to directly poll drives with a Red Lion, having that ping holding register might keep such a device satisfied.

I like the idea of a comm's loss alarm. When you say use a register that works, do you mean any register that doesn't cause any other problems?
Pretty much. Every device I have used worked with 1 (default) which is 40001 or 400001 depending on what mfg. reference you are dealing with.

If you click on nearly any item in the editor and hit the F1 key, there is pop-up help that gives some pretty good details. (Then you have to hit F1 again to make it go away.) The pop-up balloon help for the Ping Holding Register gives a good explanation.