Any Oscilloscope Images of the effect of 480 vac on 24 vdc control wires.

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I'm really trying to get our guys to use good wiring practices . It seems like it is hard to get them to understand the importance of separating 24 vdc or lower from 480 vac . Especially using Freq. Drives .

I searched but I could not find , Oscilloscope images of the noise on low voltage controls wires , caused by running 24 vdc or lower along 480 vac wires.

Would any of you have any images from Oscilloscopes showing this noise ?

Thanks so much for your help.

It would look like 60hz sine wave probably. I once tracked down a noisy loadcell signal with a oscope. Tye noise was a very nice low mvpp 60hz sine wave

see figure 9 on SMAR's induced noise app page:

Example-of-Induced-noise.jpg

http://www.smar.com/en/technical-ar...ize-their-effects-in-industrial-installations