Windows 10 Rslogix 5000 errors again

showshocka

Hi. Yesterday my Rslogix5000 20.03.00 just stopped working. I reinstalled it as an Administrator, nothing. I also reinstalled it using compatibility windows 7 and 8, nothing. Same error. Does anyone have any suggestions on this? Thanks

snipp.jpg

snippp2.jpg

Strong possibility of a recent windows update. There are several related to spectre and meltdown that train wrecked some Rockwell software. There are KB articles about it if you search around.

Just yesterday I had a fatal error come up on my Windows 10 HP running RsLogix5000 20.01. First time I installed it on my machine and it logged a fatal error .dmp file. I called rockwell support and they said you CAN NOT run anything less than 20.04 on a windows 10 machine. I am running a x64bit system. If you have Rockwell Support give them a call. They sent me the link while I was on the phone with them. If you do not have support I can not imagine that it would be an issue that I sent you the link if needed.

EDIT: I just saw your screenshots and the fatal error code was identical to the one I received. Donwload 20.04 and it will fix it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Before double-clicking your program to open it, hold ctrl+shift and then double-click the program. I forgot what it does, but I had a file where everything was greyed out and I could not click anything. Ctrl+Shift trick fixed that issue.