Siemens ET 200S Trouble shooting backplane

mad@imap

Group,
I had failure on a back plane of a ET200s Remote rack.
The SF light was solid, and the BF light flashed as soon as you turned on power. We tried several thing from replacing the ET200s to replacing the I/O cards one at a time. None of this fixed the issue.
Eventually we replaced the entire backplane and all of the I/O modules and this got us up and running after 7 hours.
My question is, Is there a way to test the back plane so you don’t have to replace everything? This rack only had 30 I/O cards and it took some time to unwire and replace everything.
Does Siemens or anyone else make something to trouble shoot this?

I think that ET200S backplane diagnostics is not so good.
I have become accustomed to always reseat all modules, and also the terminal modules to "each other" as well as the termination module.

About rewiring, you can actually take the terminal modules apart. This can make replacing modules without having to remove all wires easier. Try to fiddle with a terminal module and you will figure it out.