FactoryTalk View SE V10- Animate Screen Color?

Tanquen

V 10.00.01
Patch 6

Is there a way to have the screen backgrounds change color based on a tag value? Other than making a big rectangle and putting it behind everything on every screen.

Thanks.

V 10.00.01
Patch 6

Is there a way to have the screen backgrounds change color based on a tag value? Other than making a big rectangle and putting it behind everything on every screen.

Thanks.

FTView is not an object-oriented language, so as such does not expose much in the way of properties of objects.
I know in FTView ME that this is not possible. I've never worked in SE, I'm an Ignition man when it comes to SCADA, but I'd bet the mortgage payment that you can do this. Just do the rectangle, and make it a global object with a copy at the back of every screen. Once you resign yourself to the kluge, it hurts less and is over quickly. šŸ˜‚

On the display you want to change color, make the whole screen a panel and then the color you want, then use an expression to change the color.

On the display you want to change color, make the whole screen a panel and then the color you want, then use an expression to change the color.

Not sure how to do this and if itā€™s different than just using a rectangle and putting it behind everything as dcooper33 and I had mentioned.

Last edited:
Also looks like you can't make set it as wallpaper without losing animations. ???

Right. You can't use wallpaper AND have animation.

Using the rectangle object is best.
You could use the panel, but it has borders which you probably don't want. You could set those to none, but then you just have a rectangle that you should have used in the first place.

If you are using this on every display, then put it into a grouped Global Object.
That could include a header and footer (time date, alarm banner, forward/back buttons, etc) in the group as well.
That will make it easier to select and set to back on your displays.

In FTView Studio v9 you can hide an object during edits. Open the Object Explorer and uncheck the "background" G.O.