RS logix 500 activation key ????

mer

I have a older version of RS logix 500 that will not work with windows vista nor the new 7..a friend of mine give me a copy of a newer version of rs logix 500 that is compatiable with windows vista my question is if i move my activation key to the newer computer will it work ..and another question can i move my activation key to a disc or memory stick because my newer computer doesn't have a floppy drive beside's the orginal floppy looks pretty worn again thanks in advance Mer

I dont know answers to all your questions but here is a little bit of info. I believe you can use evmoveCF.exe utility to move the activation to a USB memory stick or Compact Flash.

Link to download EVmoveCF:
http://www.rockwellsoftware.com/support/download/detail.cfm?ID=3428

You can also network to another computer that has a floppy drive. At the same time I dont know anything about Vista compatability so dont use this info until you verify that. I believe Rockwell will send a replacement floppy for your original one under certain conditions.

thank

Thanks that soleve,s the question of moving it now i wonder if my activation key will work with a newer version of rs logix

Try it and find out... It's not like your computer will blow up and kill you.

How old is your license?

Try it and find out... It's not like your computer will blow up and kill you.

How old is your license?

I do know that an Activation key for ver. 6.0, will work with the latest version of RSLogix500 (ver. 8.10), as I have a couple of Laptops still using these old keys.

Like OZEE says, just try it and see.

You do not have to move it to the new PC to try it out,

1. Move it to the USB stick using EVmoveCF.exe
2. Plug it into the new PC
3. Run RSLogix.

-------

evmovecf.exe

www rockwellsoftware com/download/other/zip/evmovecf.zip

put the dots where they belong for the link