Factorytalk SE Item Visibility

JonAW

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, on my displays I am activating visibility parameters for some components according to the tag value. When I run a version of FTV SE Client to test the displays the items which are meant to be invisible are not quite invisible, there is a remaining border of where the item is placed. Will this fix itself when I apply it to a paid version of FTV SE Client? I know from experience on FTV ME on a panelview that invisible items are just that.

regards

Jonny

It sounds like there is no connection for the tag you are using. What I mean is if its an invalid tag or the FTView system can't "see" the tag (connection to the PLC for example) you will get what you describe. If you are connected to the control system and the tags are active and alive the way you see it is the same way it will appear when deployed and licensed. FTViewME handles visibility animation the same as FTViewME.

rstech is right - if there's an error in the visibility expression, they show up exactly like you described, whether that be a ME PV or an SE Client.

If your client is "talking" to the server, all the tags in your expression are OK (i.e. can be read by the data server), and your expression is correct, the box should disappear. If any of those conditions are not met, yep, you'll have the box.

Yes, If its an invalid tag then its a problem. Check your tag name & also validate your expression or syntax if any..!!

Yes you all were spot on. I was testing the screen functionality away from the plc. When I connected to the plc everything displayed and functioned as expected.

Thanks all

Jonny