1756-ENBT Yellow Question Mark

Coachman

Thanks for the help the other day. Got another question for you.
I have a 1756-ENBT card (1756-L61 Controller beside it)
I believe I configured the card correctly .On the LED display on
the module, my IP Address displays correctly. I pinged that IP
Address and its comes back ok. I understand that the Yellow question is because I don't have the EDS files. I downloaded
the EDS files from the website ,and I stopped RSLinx before I
used the EDS Install tool. When I do the install does the EDS
go to the hardware or do I need to download it? I did the above
and I still get a yellow question mark. What would I be doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,

The eds file is for RS Linx

Did you install it correctly

Start > Program Files > Rockwell Software > RSLinx Tools >
EDS Hardware Installation Tool

Also are you sure you had the correct eds file

Last edited:
To expand on 504bloke's post, the EDS files are firmware revision specific. If the EDS file you installed is not for the correct rev level it will still not be happy. The EDS file doesn't get downloaded to the device. As 504bloke stated it is used by RSLinx to determine what the device is and how to communicate with it.

As an aside I've had hit-and-miss luck with RSLinx correctly using a new EDS file if I don't reboot after the EDS file installation. I'm not 100% sure why this is since it does work on occasion simply by stopping and restarting RSLinx. If you haven't tried that you may want to.

Keith

Heres all four eds files in zip format for the major and minor revisions of the EBNT card.

Install all of them and reboot then try again.

Note from RA KB

With RSLinx shutdown, launch the EDS Hardware Installation Tool. Select either the ADD/REMOVE or ADD button, depending on which version of RSLinx you have installed. If you have the ADD/REMOVE button, select Register an EDS Device Radio Button. Make sure the Register a Single file option is selected. Use the Browse button to access the directory the EDS file is stored in. Then keeping clicking the NEXT button until the file is registered. The device should be correctly identified in the RSWho window in RSLinx.

Note: if RSLinx is started as a Service, you may have to reboot the system for RSLinx to see the newly installed EDS file