GE CIMPLICITY project appears empty in Workbench

AMill

I'm working on some upgrades on a CIMPLICITY system. I have a project folder which includes a .gef. When I open the project in workbench it looks like nothing is there - no screens, no points, no alarms.

I know this project isn't actually empty because I can see the screens in the project folder. I've been playing with the lock files and hitting the Configuration Update button, but I can't seem to build the project. I also ran a Point Xreference which showed me where the points were mapped to the screens - I just can't see the points or screens in workbench.

I'm running CIMPLICITY 8.2 (correct version and build) on a windows 7 VM if that helps.

What am I missing?

Did you stop the project before making a copy of the file? If not some of the objects are in use and won't be copied.

Did you stop the project before making a copy of the file? If not some of the objects are in use and won't be copied.

I had a coworker open the project without issue, so it seems like all the objects got copied correctly.

I reinstalled CIMPLICITY and the problem seems to be resolved. Still confused what the issue was in the first place. 🔨