Mitsubishi IX-Developer and IL code

cottagewood

I have a policy of always verifying code before I make any changes to PLC code, however, the last person to work on a project that I now have to work on, lost the latest code.
I can see the differences in IL when I verify but in IX-developer it’s not possible to enter program in IL.
I can understand the IL and enter the code in Ladder/Fbd but when I look again at the verification, the code I’m entering is getting an OUT instruction added so the code still doesn’t verify.
In the attached verify file, the code on the right is actually in the PLC and the code on the left is how IEC is translating my network into IL, adding OUT M22658, for what reason, I have no clue,
Anybody got any Ideas?

network.png Verify.png

Mitsubishi use temporary memories to make FBD/LAD follow the IEC convention, these memories or temps are selected at compile time and it is known that there can be changes. You will probably find that both logic work but in some slightly different manner. It is possible that if someone had the original source code but a later minor revision of IX then they re-compiled it and downloaded it. I have come across this a number of times.
Looking at the differences it could be that the code on the left is the plc and can only assume that the OUT M22658 Result is still true so it is like it is ANDED with the next instruction. in the past there are some anomalies especially with the earlier GXIEC IDE (predecessor to GXWorks or IX) if you wrote code in GXIEC then uploaded the code from the processor to GXDeveloper the ladder would not convert properly, it seemed to leave some instructions not connected (these were displayed with yellow highlights) although it worked but could not be re-compiled for download in GXDeveloper.
As far as I can see the code probably works the same and the only way you can make modifications is to download your copy so the project is synchronised. I have not used IX but assume if it works the same as GXWorks then providing the symbolic table was downloaded to the PLC then an upload would re-create it, however, very few people do this or at least forget to do it after a modification.

Thanks, I thought that may be the case,
I uploaded in ladder using GX developer and the code looked the same as I Interpreted it

I received a file from a colleague a few months ago and the file was done in an earlier version, it asked me to update it, I cancelled the update, modified the code & sent it back so it did not use the later libraries as he may not have been able to open it, my only worry was that any additions I did may cause that problem, however, he was able to open it.