OT: RS-232 to Bluetooth

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
We have a Data Acquisition Device that we normally connect to our laptop via a 232 connection. Since the device is on a trailer and the computer is in the truck cab the guys run a cable between the units every time they get on a job. Since they connect and disconnect several times a day the cables get worn out and cause issues.

To help with this we recently bought a RS-232 to Bluetooth adapter to avoid having to run the cable between the device and the computer.

The issue I see here I see here is the software on our laptops doesn't have a driver to go get the info from the Bluetooth interface. Has anyone done anything like this? Is there a way to map Bluetooth over to a COM Port? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Ok so when you install the unit it creates its own COM port. Then all we need to do is make sure to select the same port on our software and we should be good.

Thanks for the help!!