Schneider M221 Data logging

rjgabasa

Hello, pleasant day to all.

I am new to Schneider M221 plc programming using Machine Expert-Basic, I have read that one its features is data logging. I want to data log the pH value every hour from my Analog Input.

Stored my AI(%IW1.0) to %MW2, the converted into float (INT_TO_REAL) in order to scale it 0-14pH (%MF16). So i can call this address when i need it for data logging. Then i configured %DATALOG0(Historical data, 500kb, add timestamp) and put %MF16. I drag and drop the datalogging FB on the rung and set timer every minute(testing) to execute a data logging command. it seems not working, DONE is not giving value(True) if logging was successful.

My m221 unit is due to arrive next month. So i tried to test it using simulator only. Do I need the PLC unit to make it work?

Can anyone help me? any inputs would be a great help, thank you good sir's/ma'am's.