Fanuc Rh Robot Control

Hi guys I have many Fanuc 420s Robots and RH Controls running through out the shop, But just ran across this new issue with 2 of the same robots I just installed, I hooked them up mastered them, teached the whole cell everything works the only problem I'm having is:

Every time I lock out the robot cell, and come out and unlock, turn servos back on hit reset (Servo Disconnect Box) I have to re calibrate the robot.. We have 16 other robots that work fine, (Unlock the cell turn servos back on reset) No Problems I've been searching for answers and cant seem to find any.. just wondering if any of you Fanuc fans can guide me in right direction?

Thanks for any info

Hi guys I have many Fanuc 420s Robots and RH Controls running through out the shop, But just ran across this new issue with 2 of the same robots I just installed, I hooked them up mastered them, teached the whole cell everything works the only problem I'm having is:

Every time I lock out the robot cell, and come out and unlock, turn servos back on hit reset (Servo Disconnect Box) I have to re calibrate the robot.. We have 16 other robots that work fine, (Unlock the cell turn servos back on reset) No Problems I've been searching for answers and cant seem to find any.. just wondering if any of you Fanuc fans can guide me in right direction?

Thanks for any info

Did you replace the batteries yet?

Also, maybe the brakes are slipping slightly and it notices it's in a different position that when it was powered off.

Yes I put all new batteries in robot and control before I mastered just to make sure, we replace batteries every 6 months... I will Go out and look to see if breaks are releasing. these robots have been sitting for awhile and we have had to replace the PIU that controls the breaks on all 6 axis, usually when the breaks stick or are faulty we get sluggish movement but wont hurt for me to go out and check... thanks

Breaks seem to be working as the other robots we have, i checked a couple during operator breaks, we dont power off control we disconnect servo power... if that matter but all robots wired the same

This is Mastering Procedure We use on all our RH Robots

1. Power up Control
2. Main Menu (F10) Press (K)
3. Type UTIL press enter
4. Type SIN press enter
5. Look on arm for 420A (ANGLE) or 420F (FLOOR)
6. Select Angel mount or floor mount
7. Select inline wrist press enter
8. Select Standard press enter
9. Press enter again (KCL)
10. Type SS press enter
11. Power Down Control and power back up
12. JOG all Axis to witness marks
13. Turn Remote Switch On Type Se var$RMT_MASTER=2 press enter
14. From Main menu (F10) press K (KCL)
15. Type util press enter
16. Type master press enter
17. Are You Sure ? Yes press enter
18. Master at 0 Deg? Yes press enter
19. Press enter again (KCL)
20. Type Cal press enter
21. Robot will calibrate and calibration light will go out
22. Turn remote switch back off type Se var$RMT_MASTER=1 press enter
23. Type ss press enter
24. Power down control and power back up
25. To ensure mastering was done properly from main menu (F10)
press (D) for Display and then F2 (Joint) ALL 6 axis should Be at or
near 0 Degrees.
26. To check proper Angle mount while looking at robot jog the 6th axis 90 deg in joint mode then go back to display and make sure it reads at or near 90 degs

I Checked the variables against another robot that does not require calibration. All variables that have to do with CAL, Stop_Err, are all the same. I'm just getting back to this project so i will have to look up and see what variables are used for pulse coder and pop the caps off the servos to make sure there's nothing flaky going on.. I Ordered a fresh case of batteries but I did pull battery's out and each battery was 1.5vdc or more.