PF525 connecting with CCW software

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I am trying to get familiar with Allen Bradley PowerFlex drives. I have the latest version of CCW (v12) installed. I just bought a drive from EBay, brand new in the box, sticker shows firmware 6.001. I can setup the parameters in CCW but the software only goes to version 5. When I try to download my parameter file I get a popup saying the drive is version 6. Does anyone know If I am OK to download my version 5 file or will I create a brick.
I have just downloaded the latest CCW (this morning) from RA, it installed some newer components but still won't allow me to select above v 5.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Ken.
I found a work around.
I set the drive Ethernet parameters manually.
Then connected via Ethernet and uploaded the default file.
Once the default file upload it now displays 6 in my versions and I am able to go backwards.
But..
When I start a new project I can only select version 6 for the same voltage and HP drive as I downloaded.
To select another Volt/HP setup I need to go back to version 5.