Factory talk integration with plc renaming tag

Jeff23spl

Hello

If i'm doing a new project based from an old one where i re-use code and hmi but need to retag some address, is there a way to have them connected from the plc to hmi ?

For exemple, if i just added a number to main tag name in the plc, is there another way easier than opening each view and buttons/entry of the hmi and retag it with the new tag name manually or selecting again from the actualised list ?

REF: RS5000 and Factory talk view for Compactlogix L32E and PV1000+

Jeff,

If you highlight what you want to edit or even selecting everything on the screen you can do a tag substitution.

In the Edit menu go to Tag Substitution, this will then bring up all the tags which are used.

Highlight the one you want to change in the top box, and then in the bottom box type what you want to change the tag to.

Anywhere you have highlighted which has got that tag will be replaced with the new one.

Hope this helps.

Mark

You can even do partial replacements. If just part of the tag names have changed you can change just that part in all the tags. Unfortunately you still have to go screen by screen.

You can even do partial replacements. If just part of the tag names have changed you can change just that part in all the tags. Unfortunately you still have to go screen by screen.

can you describe a little bit more how to do it ?

Do you mean highligting all the screen page and then do tag substitution and change each of them 1 by 1 or i missed something?