upload program from VersaMax 64-Point Micro PLCs

satdan

dear all,
We have fanuc versamax Micro PLC, I have Proficy Machine edition 5.7 version, I want to upload exisiting program from the PLC.

Please tell me how to upload from plc using ME 5.7?(I have all the cables)

What are the precautions i have to take for not to change anything with existing one?

Thank you,

dear all,
We have fanuc versamax Micro PLC, I have Proficy Machine edition 5.7 version, I want to upload exisiting program from the PLC.

1.)Please tell me how to upload from plc using ME 5.7?(I have all the cables)

2.) What are the precautions i have to take for not to change anything with existing one?

Thank you,
1.) First build a project with a VersaMax Micro target, connect your cables and select Target > Upload.

2.) Stay in "Monitor Mode" (Blue chip at 'Target' name).

Thanks, Can I have to make blank project with same hardware configuraion? , then select the target and Upload? Is it correct?

You do not need the whole configuration just select the correct CPU type. You can upload the configuration from the CPU. :)

Upload from GE Fanuc versamax micro

Hi all,

I tried to upload ladder from a GE Fanuc versamax micro controller.
I'm using Proficy Machine Edition 7.5 software.
I have made a IC200CBL500 cable, it has an RJ45 connector on one end and a 9 pin D-shell on the other.
I don't have a physical serial port, so i'm using a converter usb/serial for make the communication.
I added a new target wich are the model of the micro controller on a new project.
I have configured the properties of the target whith the good com port of my converter.
When i will go online, an timed out error appears.
My cable are connected from the controller port ethernet to my converter serial/usb on my laptop.

Anyone have an idea for resolve my error ?

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks you

Probably a mismatch between the port parameter settings on your converter and what the PLC is set for. The default serial port parameters for a VersaMax Micro are 19200 baud, no parity, 1 stop bit. It is possible that the person who programmed the PLC changed the port settings, but since most people don't change them that should be your starting point.

Are you 100% sure that the cable you made matches the details for the IC200CBL500? On the RJ45 end pins 1 - 8 are not labeled making it very easy to reverse the connections with the wire you think is pin 1 is actually pin 8, what you think is pin 2 is actually pin 7, etc.