FactoryTalk ME refresh button?

Ruskied

How would I go about creating a display refresh button?

My display is busy and some buttons update much faster than others when clicked and I'm not sure why, when I exit and start the display test again, all the buttons refresh and display correct image (up or down). Figured display refresh might help with that.

Thank you in advance.

I'm not aware of a refresh button built into FTVME. Honestly, it sounds like there is some other problem going on.

If you really need a refresh type function, you could have a button that triggers the PLC to write to the "remote display" tag to go to a blank display, and then quickly back to the display it was just on.

Go to display settings and reduce the screen update time - default is 1 s, which is long if you are displaying values that update quicker. Try that.

If it's a momentary push button then check the hold time value
2din3gg.jpg

For more information check this knowledgebase note:
FactoryTalk View ME: How do push buttons work
487324 | Date Created: 04/25/2012 | Last Updated: 01/11/2018
Access Level: Everyone
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/487324

My screen update time is set for 0.5 seconds. The problem occurs when two buttons are pressed at the same time, one button activates in about 0.5 seconds, while the other one takes like 60 sec or so to update the button image.