Powerflex 755 rev 10.02 not showing in rslogix 5000 rev 20.01

edwardeduful

Hello All,

I have been trying to add powerflex 755 rev 10.02 to rslogix 5000 rev 20.1 and its not showing.
I can see the drive in rslinx with a yellow question mark labelled unrecognised device.
If i try to add it in the I/O configuration, i do not see any powerflex drive.
I have download add-on-profile ( AOP PowerFlex 4-Class & 7-Class, SCANport v4.11) from rockwell website with powerflex 755 embedded ethernet EDS file andi installed it, but i cannot find the drive in Rslogix 5000.

Please is there anything i am missing out.

Thanks,

Have a look for "AB Drives DriveTools SP Database Files". You can download the whole mess or grab the bits for the 755 only. Install it and it updates the drive support database.

Hello Geoff,

I have downloaded the AB drive tool SP database, but still no success, the powerflex drive in rslinx still shows a yellow question mark labelled unrecognised device.

A few questions,

From my experience, it is best to start by getting RSLinx seeing the drive first. If its not seen there, no real need to try and add it to your project. Make sure you have the IP address set and bootp disabled. You can do that from the keypad. Make sure that your PC is setup on the same IP range and the subnet is correct.

1. Have you tried right-clicking on the question mark and selecting to upload the EDS file from the device?

2. Have you tried downloading the EDS file from Rockwell?

3. What driver are you using within RSLinx? I generally try to stay away from the Ethernet/IP and use the Ethernet driver after the IP address is setup.

4. What is the IP address/subnet of the drive, PLC and PC?

5. What is the complete part number of the drive?

Last edited:
Hello Kev77,

The powerflex 755 complete CAT no of the drive is 20G11ND014AA0NNNNN, FIRMWARE : Rev 10.002.

Also i have connected the laptop to internet, tried to right click on the yellow question for EDS download inside RSlinx, but it never gives me the option.
I have been to rockwell website and most of the EDS file i see for powerflex 755 embedded ethernet and DPI to ethernet is rev 10.001.

It would help to have answers to the questions above. This could be a network setup issue since you cant right click on the question mark. If your using the Ethernet driver (not the Ethernet/IP) with the IP address typed into the configuration in RSlinx. It will go out on the network and scan for that device and put a question mark there.

Start will communications basics. Can you even ping the drive from your PC?