Please check my pid parameters.

Rahul3005

Dear SIR,

In one of the scenario's, I have to control VFD Frequency (4-20 mA) , with Oxygen Analyser. (4-20 mA).
I have Configured PID Parameters as such.
Please check whether PID parameters are configured properly or not.

I have used SLC 5/03 and RSview32.

Generally in PID , CV is used for controlling Analog O/P , But in my case i have used Scaled ERROR word for controlling.

I dont know whether it's correct or not.
It's my first time tuning a PID loop.
Please Apologise if any mistakes or error .

Thank you.

Hi,and welcome to the forum
Just taking a guess--use your AI from the O2 analyzer and scale it in the PV in the PID as 4000-20000 and then whatever the range is on the analyzer. Say, 200-600 if it's in ppm.

The control variable will be 0-100 in the PID. So the output from the PID (in percent) will give you milliamps to the drive for the motor. Again, just a guess. Cardosocea is right, you need to post more info. I use a scaling block in FBD to scale most of my loops. Don't forget the free running update timer for the PID. Good luck

I had it easy. I usually had known good numbers to punch in for P and I to start w/.
When I didn't, I was usually hosed.
I find it helps if you slow the pid solve rate way down to start.

Integral windup:
Best way I can explain this.
I figured out how I could drive my rental car w/o using the gas pedal.
Oldsmobile Achieva.
Neutral wouldn't cancel the cruise control.
I could basically set the cruize control at 30- 70 and use the shift nob as the gas pedal.
Well, after doing this for most of the trip, I was at a red light w/ the car in neutral.
Light turned green, and the car acted like I floored it and went to red line. Nearly rear ended the car in front of me (which is hard to do w/ an Achieva).
I think this is integral windup.

Or if calculus makes more sense to you, I think it is the area under the curve.

Please find the attached file

I have attached pdf file of my ladder.

Somehow i was not able to attach my original backup , it was saying as invalid.

Please guide me.

Thankyou