Allen Bradley Kinetix 300 open collector outputs

lurby

I am using an Allen Bradley Kinetix 300 servo drive with the Safe-Off function. I would like to utilize the Status of this to verify that my Safe-Off is functioning.
All of the outputs on the Kinetix 300 including the Safe-Off Status are "Open Collector" I have never heard of such a thing before. I have searched the web but can't seem to find an accurate way of setting this up without going to Radio Shack for electronic parts. What am I missing?

Why can't there just be a relay output or a 24VDC output?
Can I turn this open collector output into a 24VDC signal so that I can at least fire a relay?

Do you want to monitor it with a PLC It is a sink output and should set it up to sink an input on PLC

I believe it sinks to 0v so your input would be set up with the 24vdc on the common and the input going to the sink output on the Safe Torque card. Also your commons need to be tied together if the signals use different 24vdc supply. You could probably sink a small relay for that mater I dont know what the current draw would be. By sinking you are able to handle more current than sourcing.

I connected it and it works!

24VDC+ to PLC input common, STO Output to PLC input, 24VDC- to STO common.
Thank you for your help.