Communication between LookOutDirect and DirectSoft 32

sourabha

Hi,

I am working with a DL06 PLC. I am trying to a develop a LookOut Direct HMI for this tainer. I would like to know if there is any option in LookOut Direct where it allows me to run small parts of PLC code along with HMI so that i can toggle discrete PLC outputs. To be more speicifc i have X0 - 16 input bits and C0 - 16 status bits. I have to develop a logic in PLC programming so that the status bits toggels Y0 - 16 outputs on the tainer. So can you please let me know if there is any way of establishing communication between LookOut Direct HMI and DirectSoft 32 PLC programming software.

Thanks
regards
Sourabha

Both programs can be open at once and share the communications link - I've done that in the past. I don't think there is a way to manipulate the DirectSoft from LookOut.

The best way to do this is to put contacts in the ladder logic and manipulate them from the Lookout. You could do this with "C" directly if you are using K-Sequence protocol, or manipulat a V-Register if you are using DirectNet and then use the word to turn an internal coil on or off to manipulate the output.

What Tom said is true. LookoutDirect and DirectSoft are two seperate software programs. They can't communicate.

What you need to do is to use a set of unused "C" bits to set the corresponding outputs. Use these in parallel with the exisiting contacts that currently turn on the output and have LookoutDirect address these "C" bits.