Help with Micro 1000 program

GMc

I have a Micrologix 1761-L16AWA with a very simple program
that sequences 3 vacuum pump motors, each on for 900 seconds.
(see attached)

What I would like to do is have 3 key switches, one for each
motor, so that when a motor needs to be taken out of service
one could turn the switch for that motor and the sequencer
would only cycle between the remaining 2 motors.

With the program now, a motor is shut off for service, the vacuum
drops to a lower range when the sequencer is on that step. In the past I have had to edit the program by taking out 1 step of the sequencer, the rung that has the output for the motor that is off for service and 1 of the vacuum switch inputs. Trying to make my life easier.

I would appreciate any help you can give me in creating a new and improved program. :)

I threw the attached together without much thought, and zero debugging.
It uses a counter instead of a Sequencer.

It may give you an idea on how to alter your program.

Manipulating the R6:5.POS, may be a better solution.

Ken

Last edited:
Thank you both for the quick replys.

I don't need to keep the sequencer if you think there is a
better way. I'm new at this and have allot to learn. I'm
not quite sure about manipulating R6:5.POS but I'm willing
to read up on it and try it out.

I will check out yours also Ken..

Thanks again.
GMc

93lt1,
Could you explain in newbie terms how I'm to go about manipulating R6:5.POS as mentioned in your response. I have been trying to figure it out by reading up on Sequencer control and POS but I'm lost..

Ken,
I'm using RSLogix 500 and I could not open your attachemnt.

Thanks again..

GMc

I open Ken's file no problem, it has comments and explains what you want to achive. A brand new program ;)

93lt1 sugestions tells you, change to the appropriate sequencer position each time a pump is disabled. Change the value in R6:5.POS

My original question was to have some way of having either switches or some input to disable a particular motor. The motor would be out of service for a day or 2. I was trying to get away from having to get the laptop out

Thanks

By the way, how did you open the file?? What could I be doing wrong?? I have version 3.01.09

If you know it will be only one motor and you want to change only hard then hook up one of the motors with the output of the serviced pump in this case one will run for 1800sec and the other for 900 and you dont need a switch. Hepefully this is a option ;)

I have version 6.

Eugen,
No, it's not just one motor. There are 3 motors and
there is no telling which one you have to take down for whatever reason.. Changing oil, bad bearing or burned up motor.

Thanks

GMc,

I haven't read your code at all, so I'm just responding in general.

It sounds like you are using a sequencer to cycle your machine through a series of steps. Lets assume that there are 9 steps, steps 1-3 are for pump 1, 4-6 are pump 2 and 7-9 are pump 3. In another part of your code, you could add something like:

If the Keyswitch for pump 1 is off, and your R6:5.POS is at 1, 2, or 3, then move a 4 into R6:5.POS.

If the Keyswitch for pump 2 is off, and your R6:5.POS is at 4, 5, or 6, then move a 7 into R6:5.POS.

If the Keyswitch for pump 3 is off, and your R6:5.POS is at 7, 8,or 9, then move a 1 into R6:5.POS.

You will obviously need to adapt this to your situation, but the gist is, skip several steps if certain conditions are true . . .

Good luck,

Marc

Marc,
Thanks a bunch for your reply.. Could you show me an example code for (If the Keyswitch for pump 1 is off, and your R6:5.POS is at 1, 2, or 3, then move a 4 into R6:5.POS) Do you write this code inside the sequencer or another rung in the program and how do you go about that?? I really feel stupid.. I'm missing something.. sorry about this.

Thanks a bunch :(

GMc:

I would probably put the code outside of the sequencer operation itself. And I would have rungs that look something like this. Again, you will need to adapt the concept to your application. I have not downloaded and read your code.

Good luck,

Marc

PS: I was just thinking that LIM only does GRT and LES. If so you would need to change your limits to 0 and 4 to get this to run right . . .

skipseq.jpg

Last edited:
GMc, your software version is very old, I don't know if you will be able to open any code that is posted. I do not know how to open a "newer" file with an older version of the software. Perhaps some else knows a work around.

Also,
The code you posted doesn't have any comments, perhaps you could add comments and repost?

Ken

Thanks Marc, I really appreciate the help.

Would someone be able to open the 15mintri_alt.zip that Ken Moore
attached and follow the steps bellow?? Please..

1.) Open Project
2.) File, Save As, select file type *.ach
3.) Save

The following steps will create about 6 files.. *.ach, *.erp, *.eas.. and whatever else. Then zip all the files and repost. I have an older version, 3.01.09 and it will not open the newer version file. AB tech support said this is what needs to be done.. Thanks again

I hope one day I will be able to help someone in return..

Gary

Ken,

The AB tech help said after doing the steps I just posted, I would put all the files in a folder, open the file *.ach (which is the file that has the ladder logic, it will ask if I want to Inport, click yes and file will open..

I will add some comments and re-post my original file..

Gary