Looking for help with a PLC 100

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been given an old file with the .100 extension that I was to use to create a new ML1400 program with but I have no way of opening the logic. Does anyone have software for that old dinosaur that they would be willing to open this program for me, save it as a pdf or screen shot it and send it to me so I can rebuild it? It's only supposed to be like 10 Inputs and 6 Outputs. I would be most grateful if you could.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Here you go. Sorry nothing was commented or labeled. Just unzip and open with notepad.

Wow. That was super fast!! Thanks for your help. can I ask what software you used to open it up? Rockwell was just telling me there was no way it was an SLC 100/150 file as it did not have a .SLC file extension.

Thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it!!

Kraken Fan #69

Thanks I was able to open and view the file with that software and your help. You rock!
Funny Rockwell had no idea about that software.

Kraken Fan #69

Funny Rockwell had no idea about that software.
The company Rockwell does, but a corporation's memory is only as old as the guys working for it. They assume that the world started on their birth date.

Yeah, gotta remind ourselves sometimes that the overwhelming majority of adult computer users have never seen DOS, and aside from it being a word they associate with old computers they have little to no concept of it. Today's college students have never used Windows 95.

Yeah I tried to explain setting up an Autoexec.bat and Config.sys to a guy the other day. May as well have been speaking Yiddish...

Kraken Fan #69

I miss my Atari it was READY> two second after I turned it on and ran for months without a hiccup, never did a damn thing I didn't spend hours and hours asking it to...

Mid 90's most of the time... its not just Rockwell either, I ran into the problem with another

I called about an old 1746-HS card once. It was used to control an old Ultra series Servo and had a vintage in the early 90's. Before my time, and it required special software and was programmed in a BASIC-like language with DOS-based software. Darn thing was giving us fits and I didn't have any way to look at the code in the card itself. I called TechConnect and the guy I talked to said "never heard of it. We have no record of that card existing." Kind of funny since it has the octagon on it. Apparently A-B made that card for a very short period of time and they no longer have anyone around who can support it. Absolutely stumped the TechConnect guys.

Yeah, gotta remind ourselves sometimes that the overwhelming majority of adult computer users have never seen DOS, and aside from it being a word they associate with old computers they have little to no concept of it. Today's college students have never used Windows 95.

I remember watching a marketing video for Windows 95 starring Jennifer Anniston and (I think) Matthew Perry. Crazy to think there's college kids that haven't used it since they're still fairly relevant actors.

Microsoft sure made some cheesy promo videos though. This one is my favorite: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcjvgxAKiHs

Last edited:
This morning the local AB salesman dropped by with a new Rockwell employee that looked to be about 23 years old in tow. We were chatting and I thought of this thread so I asked him if he had ever seen DOS. He said "No. I don't even know what that is." He didn't even know it had something to do with old computers.

There are two sides to this story. I still have not figured out just exactly what a tweet is.

Last edited:
I still have not figured out just exactly what a tweet is.

LOL.... that is funny

On the other hand... I know what it is but just wonder why would I want to know what someone else is doing.... or why would I want to tell them what I am doing