help with convert barcode ascii array into string

lunknowl

hi, i try to capture barcode data using UDT with SINT ascii array. i have all the data i need but it in array format, how can i convert to 1 single string format in controllogix. i already using "COP" instruction to copy barcode[0] to barcodestring (leng 10) but it skip some characters in front.

hi, i try to capture barcode data using UDT with SINT ascii array. i have all the data i need but it in array format, how can i convert to 1 single string format in controllogix. i already using "COP" instruction to copy barcode[0] to barcodestring (leng 10) but it skip some characters in front.

Are you losing 2 characters? I think you want a COP of barcode[0] to barcodestring.data[0] with LEN 10 as the .data tag is the SINT array in the string data structure?

Last edited:
well i change the LEN but nothing. i get all the data in string now by using copy BARCODE[0] to BARCODE_STRING[4] (len 20, i skip 4 place for missing character). then i copy BARCODE_STRING[0] to BARCODE_STRING_SINGLE (len 1, and the data is like this OBD9L$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$00$18$00$00$80$07$00$00$80$B4N$F5$00$B8$00$08$00$C1$00) i change the len, do the find, search, mid but nothing.

Here's a thought a sting is an ASCII array (each element in the string is an ASCII character)
you say the scanner returns a an ASCII array of 10 characters
that character string represents an SINT value
if you want to copy the ASCII array to string array they are both ASCII arrays

You should be able to just copy from one to the other with a length of 10
you can convert from INT to STRING using an ASCII converter

Here's a thought a sting is an ASCII array (each element in the string is an ASCII character)
you say the scanner returns a an ASCII array of 10 characters
that character string represents an SINT value
if you want to copy the ASCII array to string array they are both ASCII arrays

You should be able to just copy from one to the other with a length of 10
you can convert from INT to STRING using an ASCII converter

???? like i say i already have a string array (let say 10 character) then i need to combine these string array into 1 string element so i using COP string_array[0] to string_combine len 10 but it coming out with extra character (123ABC78911$00$00$00 )

A string is like a UDT with a .LEN that is a DINT and .DATA that is an array of 82 SINTs

You can manually copy your SINT array into string_combine like this

Cop BARCODE[0] string_combine.data[0] 10
mov 10 string_combine.LEN

That does the first string

To add the second string manually

Cop BARCODE2[0] string_combine.data[10] 10
add 10 string_combine.LEN string_combine.LEN

To add the third string manually

Cop BARCODE3[0] string_combine.data[20] 10
add 10 string_combine.LEN string_combine.LEN

etc

That will work. Is that what you are looking for?