Adding a status to existing scada

markguidry

-ifix 3.5
-Roc 364
-mds radios

The System is functioning fine, but my newly added two "compressor running" status will not respond to change.

steps I have taken so far.

*on the roc I installed two iso DI input modules.
* rebooted the roc so the inputs are recognized.
*opcode #1, value 24 & 25= A9 & A10.
* on IFix 3.5, database manager, created two digital alarms ( DA), linked it to VUL# 24 & 25 on the correct roc's opcode.
*EXT...

what are the exact steps in adding a new data point on this system?

-ifix 3.5
* on IFix 3.5, database manager, created two digital alarms ( DA), linked it to VUL# 24 & 25 on the correct roc's opcode.

If possible, try to Duplicate an existing tag in the Database Manager, then replace/rename as needed

hummm...i didn't duplicate it, but in database manager the line item does show true, and not question marks. but why doesn't it show false on the database manager when I give it a false status on the roc?

Part of duplicating the tag is also to be sure of the address and channel you are trying to communicate over.

Is it possible that you linked an address of another unit?
Are you sure you have the right address?

Additionally, what comms driver are you using? I know in IGS or Kepware you can define tags in them and then reference these tags (not the PLC addresses) directly. If this is the case, your tag would be missing one configuration.

I'm not really an expert on these units, so can't help much more on the addressing and what not, but it's something to bear in mind.

i used the opcode in roclink for windows.I referanced A10 to opcode value#24.

In ifix I used database manager to referance opcode #24

Im pretty sure I'm in the right roc.

I did see that Kepware running but wasn't sure if that was what I was supposed to use.

You can tell which server you are connected to in iFIX and therefore which drivers are available in the system configuration utility in iFIX (i am referencing iFix 5.8 as that's what I have). IDS is KepserverEX and IGS is Industrial Gateway Server. You can check I/O Dev tag property in the database manager to see which driver your new tags are using. I would expect a copy and paste of a working dynamic tag (ROC supports dynamic tags and most SCADA systems use dynamic tags so I assume this is your case) in the database manager whose scan status is set to on to connect and update when you refresh the database manager, as I use this method often for testing.

I tried that.

in ifix database manager it shows a value of "running" but when I disconnect the input at the rock, ifix will not show a value of "shutdown"