studio 5000 role back a revision of a program

Maybe take a step "backwards" here...

rscott9399 said:
...I just have no clue what firmware will be on the customers hardware. And im writing the program in the latest...

The rule of thumb is of course, where possible, to work at the customer's version and not at the latest, say just because that is your preference. You should have all possible versions installed in the likelihood of requiring them.

I no longer have "paying customers" as I'm now working for a multinational but I still have various hardware to maintain at different firmware revisions and I also have "Forum customers" that I like to help now and again. So I have RSLogix 5000 v8 & v10-20 plus Logix Designer v21-31 at my disposal.

If you or they are not sure which firmware revision they are using for a project, but you have "an idea" what it might be at a minimum, based on which hardware is being used, then work in that version of software and not the latest. This way you have the option to roll forward rather than backwards. Something that is far more supported and tends to go smoother than the roll back option being cautiously outlined to you.

But, when needs must...

This basically outlines what is being described here in the thread and demonstrated in the video linked above, along with some other things to watch out for...

33852 - RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000: Converting a Project to a Previous Version
Access Level: Everyone

Regards,
George

I have found my solution

It did not involve a roll back.

Thanks for all of those with constructive answers
Congrats.

I usually copy paste from one to other.

It's near to impossible any other way.

"Typical Rockwell", that is hardly fair, at least with rockwell can merge online ;)