RSLinx OPC Setting

JamesCH

J
Hi...
we use one set of controllogix 5555 redundant system with controlnet connected to I/O chassis and ethernet 1756-ENBT card mount on remote chassis, and three computer (run xp sp1) using wonderware version 8.0 with 5000 tags connected via hub to contrologix. RSLinx 2.42 use to setup FastDDE (OPC) for wonderware. We have massage on rslinx opc event shows "controllogix got disconnected and re-initialize".
We set the RSLinx opc with polled message 500 ms and packet limit maximum 20000. We have problem with some data slowdown such as to open control valve, etc.
How to setup opc correctly on rslinx?
Thank you.
james

First of all your ENBT cards should be located in a local chassis where the CPU's are located. You are doing the right thing by not using the ControlNet. Each CPU should have its own ENBT right next to it. Your Logix 5000 ladder program should insure that all
data to be communicated to the Wonderware is in contiguous files.
Even though the RSLinx has optimization algorithms built in, you will lose some time if the data is in individual tags rather then being organized in arrays or structures.
There is also a way to tweak the CPU. Under properties there is a
"System overhead time slice" setting. It is defaulted to 20% you may want to increase it. This will give CPU more time to process
overhead, part of which is the communication.
In RSLinx under " Configure CIP options" "Connections to ControlLogix processor" you can tweak the "Maximum message connections to PLC" setting and also you can check the "Optimize user defined data types" if in fact you have user defined data types in the Logix5000 ladder. If not keep it unchecked.
Further more you should use the driver diagnostics / module statistics tools available in RSLInx and monitor the trafic to see if you are loosing messages due to some sort of network issue.