Ladder Logic with R S 500 Logix starter kit

sridhars61

I am in the process of making a ladder logic diagram with self study method only.
I have made the loggic diagram.
But I got confused about the following items:
1 Address
2 Symbol
3 Description
4 Instruction

Could anybody of you be kind enough to explain me about
each item How to make, how to make it to appeare above or lower the logics/ instruction. with AB Micro Logix starter kit software.
Thanking you all
sridhars61

Ever bother to use the 'Help' file?...

The address is the 'real' name of the bit, word, etc... For example, "I:0.0/1".

The symbol is a 'nickname' you can give the bit, word, etc... For example, "START_PB". Once defined, you can use these instead of typing the address. Maximum 20 characters, upper case only, no 'special characters' or spaces.

The description is exactly that, a description of the bit, word, etc... For example, "Start Pushbutton". Upper/lower case, spaces, carriage returns, etc. allowed.

The instruction is the function you want to do. For example, "XIC" (examine if closed) will solve TRUE if that bit is ON when scanned.

You can change how all these are displayed in the "Properties" dialog box (With the LAD window active, pull-down "View" and select "Properties"). The "Address Display" and "Comment Display" tabs have radio buttons to adjust the display.

Anything else?... ;)

beerchug

-Eric