Wonderware InTouch Questions

Manglemender

Hello forum members,

A colleague of mine is developing a SCADA system for one of my projects with Wonderware InTouch speaking to a Siemens S7 PLC by Ethernet.

1). Is it possible to set the limit value of one tag with the value of another tag? I find this feature really useful in WinCCFlexible.

2.) Does Intouch have such a thing as a Textlist where by a different text string can be displayed based on the value of an integer tag? If so, can the texts be linked to tags?

3). Is it possible to indirectly address tags? E.G. DB[Variable1].DBW[Variable2]

The last one, in particular, I think is a long shot.

Nick

1, Yes.
2, No, but you can do it with some concat string expressions, and its commonly done.
3. Yes, but its more involved than that.

What is your Wonderware configuration and revisions?
Because, the answer could be yes to all dependent on your configuration and revision.

Oakley,

Thanks for your reply, this will be a stand alone system with Intouch V10.1

Earthscape,

Thanks for your reply, would you care to elucidate?

Nick