You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 12th, 2017, 09:20 AM   #1
lesmar96
United States

servo control with Schneider Modicon

I have done various logic PLC programs, but I am just learning in the world of servo and motion controls. I have a small project here that I would like to use to learn more details of a motion control system.

I would like to use Automation Direct servo hardware because it is cheaper and just for a simple project. But I have a lot more experience with Schneider Modicon plc line.

One of my biggest glitches that I haven't fully understood yet, is what is the best way to communicate from the plc to the servo drive to tell it the next position? Is the best way with Modbus communication? Or a pulse output? I understand that servo motor must be paired with the servo drive, but I can use an independent plc, correct?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum