You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 10th, 2017, 01:24 PM   #16
dmroeder
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I use photoscape if I need a screen capture of a windows, then a quick edit with arrows, boxes, text and such. You can do it pretty quick all in the same program. The other thing that is nice is you can batch resize.

I typically lean toward open source too. I have a few things that I commonly do that photoscape does pretty quickly. Take a screenshot of some program changes, circle some stuff, add some text, crop, resize, send. It's all done pretty quickly. It has just enough features, not too much.
Old October 10th, 2017, 02:01 PM   #17
DonBlack
United States

I just use the "test display" button. As long as you have your comms configured in rslinx enterprise under the design tab, your actual tag values will show. Then use the snipping tool that comes with windows.
Old October 11th, 2017, 02:45 AM   #18
Geoff White
Australia

If you use alt-PrtScrn it only cuts the active window so you don't need to snip it when using the runtime on your pooter.

The application documenter saves the pictures as jpgs for some stupid reason and they artifact like crazy.
Old October 12th, 2017, 08:59 AM   #19
Dustin11H3
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmroeder View Post
I run the application from my machine and use a program called Photoscape to do the screen captures. It has a "capture window" feature that makes it easy to get the bounds of the screen when it is running. It also has a "repeat last capture" so after you have selected the window once, repeat last capture will grab the same location on the window every time.

Can just say, I just used this and it is way better than snipping tool. Do you know if it is possible to have the screen shots automatically save when I hit repeat last capture? Other than that, great time saver. Thank you.
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:02 AM   #20
JasonTheSparky
United States

Should start a new topic on everybody's suggestions on free/open source software that is awesome...
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum