Help! Need wiring diagram of Serial Cable to connect Omron CPM2A to computer

CNCQuest

Hi, all.

I just got an Omron CPM2A off eBay and I need to make my own serial cable to connect it to my computer for programming. I will be using the RS232C serial port of the PLC and not the peripheral port.

I had actually went thru this forum and read all the manuals but I can not seem to get a definitive answer to my problem.

Can someone please help? A wiring diagram or web resource will be a great help. TIA!

WT

Confused on the Signal Ground Pin #7 or #9

bluebyu said:

Tks for the above info. I made up a serial cable based on that and using Pin #7 in the Omron PLC side connecting to Pin #5 to the computer side. (Some other info seems to indicate it should be Pin #9 instead of Pin #7, any difference?)

However, I can not get my CX-programmer to auto detect the PLC. Am I doing something wrong here? Any help will be much appreciated.

Tks & best regards,

WT

Pin 9 on PLC should go to Pin 5 on computer.
Pin 7 was Signal Ground on the C--H product.

If pin 9 is not connected, that is probably your problem.

Also, which position is the switch in that is next to the 9 pin port?

Hope this will help.

Last edited: