Mitsubishi L series vs Siemens S7-1200 (Logic controller for indust. machine )

raph_rf

Hello I need to do a design with a PLC for logic of my machine,
I will have :
  • 1 station of 20-25 IO and two other remote of 20-25 I/O.
  • Communication ethernet ip with a motion controller(6 axis)(Who are controlled by one of these controlers.
  • Canopen com or RS485 for the receiver(radio remote control)
  • HMI
  • Huge program to implement
  • I will need sd card for flashing and/or datalog
  • I will need a web server
  • More compact possible
For the software:
-Not too huge software
-intuitive
-fastfoward
-easy simulation

I never tryed s7-1200. I already tried in 3 years ago the S7-300(I found it complicated, and TIA portal quite heavy), some person told me that the S7-1200 is easier. Never heard about the mitsubishi L series... I also think about Phoenix ILC 191...
Do you have some advice or good/bad experience? thank you

You will have / find less support for Mits than for Siemens.
As JRW asked why limit the motion to EtherNet/IP?
Are the axis independent or do they need to be coordinated?

Siemens S120 systems support Ethernet IP
He's too vague on what his system is supposed to do
But s71200, 6 Siemens S120 and his required I/O is a breeze

I would choose neither and use an M340 from Schneider. Easily meets all your requirements.

• 1 station of 20-25 IO and two other remote of 20-25 I/O. - for that small amount of remote io I would use an Advantys io drop (or any of the third party remote io systems) connected back to the M340 using EthernetIP
  • Communication ethernet ip with a motion controller(6 axis)(Who are controlled by one of these controlers. - Yes it has Ehernet/IP (use an NOC module)
  • Canopen com or RS485 for the receiver(radio remote control) - has CAN on the front of the CPU or other model CPU has Modbus/RS485 port
  • HMI - yes it will talk to a hmi (I would use Redlion)
  • Huge program to implement - I have done a whole process plant with one of these (hundreds of io, about 30 PID control loops)
  • I will need sd card for flashing and/or datalog - yes front of cpu
  • I will need a web server - yes built into NOE and NOC modules
  • More compact possible - yes
For the software:
-Not too huge software - You will need UnityPro to program, but you only need the S version (considerably cheaper)
-intuitive - I think so (all 5 IEC langauges, tag based, etc)
-fastfoward - not sure what you mean?
-easy simulation - simulation is built into UnityPro (comes as part of the standard install). very easy to use, just download your program like normal just set the target as the simulator.

Last edited: