Jokab Pluto safety PLC

plcguy123

Forgot the password on a Jokab Pluto PLC. Is there anyway to delete everything on the plc and download a new program or reset the password. Just to be able to use the plc (change the program) would be the end-goal.

So this is all well and good if you have a copy of the program but is there a way to upload the program without a password. My company does not have a copy of the program so we would like to create a backup but don't have the password to upload, and we can't change the password without erasing the program we don't have. Any ideas?

So this is all well and good if you have a copy of the program but is there a way to upload the program without a password. My company does not have a copy of the program so we would like to create a backup but don't have the password to upload, and we can't change the password without erasing the program we don't have. Any ideas?

More that likely you are SOL without a copy of the code. Contact the folks who originally commissioned the system and failing that, contact the manufacturer. Passwords are designed to give the integrator the ability to protect their IP as well as the integrity of the system especially a safety system so it is unlikely that there is any published way to get in a "back door" to retrieve the logic which you can't prove you are authorized to access.

I don't have any experience with this particular hardware, but that has been my experience with other gear.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!